AbsoluteZero :: Shaiya Teos Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hints for new Applicants

Go down 
+2
-Ranah-
Charka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Charka

Charka

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Hints for new Applicants Empty
PostSubject: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:53 am

I originally wanted to post this to one specific applicant but i noticed that maybe it needed to be said to all possible future AZ (yes you.. the 'applicant' Very Happy )

Here's a little guideline for any future applicants ( I'm refering to the smart ones who are reading this and the other posts in order to get a feel for what it takes to get into AZ) that really DO want to be AZ (notice I said "be AZ" and not "be in AZ").

1. RESPECT -- I mean first and formost you really need a grip on what that word actually means, not just your idea of it. If you apply for a new job, you ALWAYS hold your tongue in the interview. If you are engaged to be married you'd better learn to eat a little crow if you want a happy union. This applies to you here also.

2. HUMBLE -- When you started playing Shaiya you were not alone (i mean YOU were not the first person). MANY MANY people know more than you do, many many people are better than you. This is AZ, trust me, we already have great players and big ego's. What we want are people who can work well within a team, people who listen.

3. DON'T REPLY -- If you post an application and there are a couple of posts reflecting negatively towards you. DO NOT reply to those. These are our seperate opinions. They do not reflect the opinion of AZ in whole (we don't always agree.. we are not BORG). If there is an issue with an applicant you may or may not be approached by an officer, but it doesn't mean you aren't AZ material. Replying to negative posts or 'defending' will only show that you can't take critizism, that you can't follow guildline #2 and that you have NO guildline #1 for our opinion. If you are that bold now... how are you going to be in GC once your are comfortable around us?

4. COMMON SENSE -- A) Read the directions to posting to this thread and use that. Ele spends alot of time here.. doing what he asks makes it easier on him. B) Read the other posts by past applicants so you can see all the truth in the words I speak. C) DO NOT prejudge AZ or what you think we are all about by what you hear in TC, 9 times out of 10 it is fueled by greed, jealousy, spite or just plain meanness. D) Be yourself.. I mean that. If you are an ass you might as well get it out now, we WILL find out Suspect

These are just a few 'guidelines', not 'rules', to follow. They will not get you into AZ but they will help.
Here is one other thing... When I played EQ i was a member of our servers top raiding guild .. we were TRITON.. I added a link to their applicant qualifications page to give you an idea of what applicants for top guilds in other games need comparedto AZ and Shaiya...
http://www.tritonguild.net/apply/requirements.php

Thats all and GL.. (maybe this is cool enough to get a sticky)
Back to top Go down
-Ranah-

-Ranah-

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:02 am

cheers cheers

I agree with this and I couldn't have said it better. I think this would be a good sticky since applicants lately have been getting a little impatient/defensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiebobthemoose
Azncrew00

Male
Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:56 am

Also to keep in mind AZ do have a long list of random applicants that gets filtered out throughout the week. Some are simply because they did not follow the guidelines here and just went to find the guild manager in gliter. Some others may need other considerations. Regardless of which ever reasons, applicants are being reviewed. Thanks for your cooperations.
Back to top Go down
Pinoptix

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:04 am

Unfortunately some of those ass' got through undected,must have been flying under the radar before but soaring the atmosphere now, good luck landing those planes guys.
Enjoy the metaphor tongue

lol!
Back to top Go down
Raven_Claw

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Ooo....you were in Triton in EQ Charka? Cool! I was in ForsakenRealm on MithMarr, fighting AfterLife for spawns and bosses lol. We managed to sneak into ToV once and clear the whole zone in four hours though, before AL got on. Was fun Razz

And yeah, I know that was totally off topic - but /agree 100% with Charka's post. Having the right attitude, being patient, humble and willing to listen is some of the most important character traits in a great guildie.

Raven
Back to top Go down
KiIIiner

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:17 pm

*hides*
Back to top Go down
Mael

Mael

Male
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Well said Charka. Congrats, with your ever improving wisdom, you have won a place at my side in the new Evil Empire as my borg queen Smile
Back to top Go down
theRover

theRover

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:57 am

Another thing I want to add to this thread is BE PATIENT!!! If you don't get accepted right away please understand our officers have a huge job running such a huge guild full of awesome people and they are very busy working to keep everything in order! And show persistence, that you are truly interested in being a part of us and helping us as we will help you! Remember there is a difference between being persistent and being annoying. Don't spam your applications too much and don't hassle members and officers all the time. Don't be afraid to check in every now and then, it shows your interest, but keep a calm attitude yet strive to show through your daily actions that you really want to be one of us!

And it shouldn't end once you're accepted...

Patience and persistence are two MAJOR values that all AZ members should have! Sometimes we work very hard and for long hours to get the things done that we need, so having these values will help you greatly in being a part of our guild!

Good luck to all applicants!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hints for new Applicants   Hints for new Applicants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hints for new Applicants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AbsoluteZero :: Shaiya Teos Guild :: Castle :: Not registered lodge-
Jump to: